Sunday, February 19, 2012

Field Experience 5 - Feb 17th 2012

Communication with colleagues and others
On Friday communication was not easy for me because I was sick. I had a sore throat and speaking was not comforting. Communication between the host teacher and field experience students was important for setting up the activities done in class. Directions were given to lay out hoola hoops and bean bags at three different stations. Kids would be sent to their stations where they were already instructed on what to do. Since I was having trouble speaking I did the best I could to monitor the kids and make sure that they were staying on task. Our host teacher did a good job letting us know that we would be doing this for several minutes and to make sure the kids got to throw at the different targets. After that the kids were given time for free play again. The kids are taught very basic locomotor skills and are then observed as they demonstrate them in free play.

1 comment:

  1. For this topic you should discuss the communication between the host teacher and other staff in the school. Ask your host teacher.

    ReplyDelete