Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lab 15- Feb 27th 2012

1. Reflect upon your lab teaching experience. Describe your teaching strengths and weaknesses for teaching in this lab.
I was actually pretty proud of the quick lesson that I taught. I got some good feedback from my classmates and teacher. I was able to use an appropriate voice while teaching my activities. I was also told that I did a good job motivating the students and switching up the difficulty of the tasks. I could have worked on the creativity of my first activity that involved dodging imaginary seagulls. I could have used foam noodles or balloons for them to actually dodge instead. Overall I was happy with my presentation.
2. Identify one of your most effective teachers. What teaching behaviors did you admire most in the way he/she taught?
One of my classmates did a good job involving themselves in the lesson. The lesson comprised of fitness activities which is not an easy lesson to work with but by involving herself in the lesson the students were able to copy/follow along and make it interpersonal. It also challenged the students to work harder and enjoy it.
3. What goals will you set for yourself as you prepare to teach in the Education 300 Field Experience?
I would like to continue to give a good professional voice as I interact with the kids. Making the activities fun and creative will have to be a priority though.  I hope to make my class an enjoyable and informative class.

No comments:

Post a Comment